Visual Language: Week Four - Typography Riso Prints

 19th Oct - Typography Riso Prints

As a response to my previous typography experiments, I created a series of Riso prints of the quote I reimagined in type. This response led to very mixed results. Two of the prints were fairly successful, but the third was a bit underwhelming.

Pink and black Riso print
For the first print, I decided to use black and pink ink as I felt this complimented the dark and dystopian origin of the quote. However, this print was the least impactful of the three. The pink didn't contrast well with the black, causing the values of the colours to appear flat and weakening the intensity of the pink.

Pink and blue Riso print

I used blue and pink for the second print. The blue helped to emphasise the contrast of the two colours, allowing the pink to stand out a lot more than the first print. However, I felt the piece became slightly unbalanced as both the blue and pink had very cold hue.

Blue and yellow Riso print
For my final print I decided to use blue and yellow. The yellow helped to add variety in tone to the piece, creating further contrast between the two colours and thus allowing the text to become the focal point of the print. However, with this print I felt the underlying theme of the quote was lost - as the yellow ink had a more vibrant and warm hue, creating a cosier and lighter connotation than I intended.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Visual Language: Week Six - Summary of Unit

Visual Language: Week Two - Result of visual experiments - 4 page comic

Visual Language: Week Two - Visual Experiment - Response to broken Mew toy